HOW TO MASSAGE DURING A GLOBAL PANDEMIC
Wading through all of the conflicting information regarding the coronavirus is not an easy task. Without solid leadership or guidelines, each business has been left making big decisions as to how to protect their clients. My goal is to be as transparent as possible, so that my clients can feel good about their informed decision to be in my care. Many of the guidelines outlined below were already in place, but some are new – if you have further questions, do not hesitate to text me for clarification.
First, know that I am a small business and sole practitioner, which means that on any given day there will only be a maximum of 4 clients, one at a time, plus me in my massage space…. with lots of time in between. This is a lot less than other stores or indoor spaces.
- FILTRATION: I have added a HEPA 5-stage air filter that is the gold standard for removing viruses from the air. It removes 99.9% of virus particles in one hour, in spaces much larger than mine. Read more about it here: https://www.rabbitair.com/pages/biogs-hepa-filtration
- MASKS: I wear a mask to set up your room and throughout your time with me.
- OZONE: I run an ozone machine at the end of the day. Ozone gas has been proven to destroy viruses and is therefore excellent at disinfecting small rooms, but it is highly toxic so I need it to air out overnight.
- GLOVES: I use gloves to open the doorknob prior to your massage. Before the massage begins, I remove the gloves and sanitize my (already washed) hands. If you prefer that I leave the gloves on, simply request it.
- DISINFECTING: I will change every sheet, towel, fleece soft thing and blanket in between clients. Every surface in massage room, bathroom and all doorknobs and light switches will be sprayed with hydrogen peroxide cleaner (Lysol brand) and left for 10 minutes before wiping. (Almost everything has been removed from the massage room, including rugs, crystals, tchotchkes etc for easier disinfecting – it looks empty but the fewer surfaces, the better.)
- TOOLS: Stones and cupping tools are disinfected and placed in UV cabinet after each use. Warm neck pillows have removable covers – the covers are washed and the neck pillow is placed in the UV cabinet after each use (I have 6 at each location, so each client gets a new pillow and I disinfect them all at the end of the day).
I AGREE TO:
- Change my mask and shirt in between clients.
- Wash my hands up to and including elbows in between clients.
- Practice social distancing.
- Cancel all appointments if I come into contact with someone with covid or feel any signs of illness.
YOU AGREE TO:
- Wear a mask.
- Wait 14 days before scheduling if you have traveled anywhere by airplane, boat or bus.
- Wait 14 days before scheduling if you have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for covid.
- Cancel your appointment if you feel any symptoms of any type of illness, not just covid.