HOW TO MASSAGE DURING A GLOBAL PANDEMIC
Let’s talk about COVID! My goal is to be as transparent as possible, so that my clients can feel good about their informed decision to be in my care. I do not think it is appropriate to start relaxing any safety measures just yet (every time I think I can, there is another variant/surge) – so I am STILL conducting business the same way I was back in June of 2020 when I reopened.
First, know that I support every client in prioritizing their mental health and “getting back to normal”. Because I have high risk clients (over 65 with lung issues, new moms with brand new babies at home, etc)… and because I am an introvert at heart, I have made a different choice. Other than volunteering at the animal shelter, I am essentially a hermit with my partner and two cats … my dream life! For the sake of the clients I mentioned above, I STILL take a rapid test every morning before work!
- FILTRATION: Scrubbing the air is the most important detail in covid sanitation, from what I have read. I have added a HEPA 5-stage air filter that is the gold standard for removing viruses from the air. It removes 99.9% of virus particles in one hour, in spaces much larger than mine. Read more about it here: https://www.rabbitair.com/pages/biogs-hepa-filtration
- MASKS: I wear an N-95 mask with a KN-95 on top to set up your room and throughout your time with me.
- DISINFECTING: I will change every sheet, towel, fleece soft thing and blanket in between clients. Every surface and all doorknobs and light switches will be sprayed with an EPA approved disinfectant and left for 10 minutes before wiping.
- TOOLS: Stones and cupping tools are disinfected and placed in UV cabinet after each use. Warm neck pillows have removable covers – the covers are washed and the neck pillow is placed in the UV cabinet after each use (I have 12, so each client gets a new pillow and I disinfect them all at the end of the day).
I AGREE TO:
- Change my entire outfit in between clients.
- Wash my hands up to and including elbows in between clients.
- Practice strict social distancing – see my comments above.
- Cancel all appointments if I come into contact with someone with covid or feel any signs of illness.
YOU AGREE TO:
- Wear a mask – if you find you can’t breathe with the mask on in the face-down position, I can make a hammock-style fitting for the face cradle with a pillowcase for you.
- Wait 48 hours before scheduling if you have traveled anywhere by airplane, boat or bus.
- Wait 14 days before scheduling if you have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for covid.
- Cancel your appointment if you feel any symptoms of any type of illness, not just covid.